Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Upcoming Featured Artist : ARKIV


Arkiv Vilemansa has been painting, illustrating and designing cartoon like figures since 2005. Shortly after finishing his Bachelor degree in Architecture he plunged into the art world citing his love for drawing figures as his inspiration for this change of career path.

At 26 years old, Arkiv, an artist from Indonesia has been taking over peoples desks and collection shelves with his ARKIV vinyl toy. A creature he has designed himself that has been gaining popularity among collectors. Arkiv has been painting his character for a while now and creating mash ups of iconic characters such as Mickey Mouse and Marvin The Martian using his ARKIV character design.

Arkiv describes himself: “I’m a half animal and half dream. I’m a blend of an overweight panda and Killer whale. I eat kids and I drink bloods. I’m instantly rude and 100% dirty. I sleep longer than any creation the world has ever seen, I sleep like a dead hero and no star. I talk rubbish and my breath smells like it.”

Abztract will have a few original pieces from Arkiv exclusively on Abztract.com. So stay tuned and stay Abztract.








Also, we had the pleasure of meeting the folks at Art Asylum Boston. As they are featuring ARKIV as one of their featured artist as well, Abztract and Art Asylum Boston will be joining together to co-curate two solo shows for Arkiv in 2010 right here in the U.S. after he has completed his gallery tour in Europe (Amsterdam, London and a few other spots).



So stay tuned for more info on the ARKIV X ABZTRACT X ART ASYLUM BOSTON events coming later next year. For now, check out the amazing talents and products that Art Asylum Boston has to offer at www.artasylumboston.com